Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Review: Ethea (Daughter of Chaos 3) by A.C. Salter

Ethea: The daughter of Chaos: Volume 3Ethea: The daughter of Chaos: Volume 3 by A.C. Salter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Having read the first two books in this series, I could not wait to find out how it all ends, and let me tell you, I was not disappointed. My every expectation for this story was met! Merged worlds bring all sorts of surprises, from the creepiest creatures to heroic hearts, and I lapped it up. Then there are the battles! Massive in scale, the give it all and die for a cause type battles, filled with death, horror and terror. From snow to fire, from air to underwater – I found myself holding my breath sometimes!

There’s also quirky humour, and fellowship and love. There’s hope amid despair, there’s beauty amid the chaos. Most of all, this is an epic tale, bringing mythology and fantasy into our time and place in an imaginative and highly enjoyable way. My only gripe is that Elora and Bray’s tale will go on now without us looking in on them via the pages. Who knows, maybe the Empire will have need of their skills in the future …

Well done to the author! Excellent indeed!


View all my reviews

No comments: